As the definitive destination for the latest trends in premium eyewear with over 3000 retail spaces worldwide, Sunglass Hut has earned its credit for being at the forefront of fashion. Announcing their principal sponsorship with London Fashion Week in March 2015, marked the beginning of a global fashion week alignment for the brand. For the South African market, partnering with SA Fashion Week was the perfect match.
The highlight for Sunglass Hut’s partnership with SA Fashion Week is the New Talent Search. Created by SA Fashion Week director, Lucilla Booyzen, the search is a platform for established and emerging designers to prove their ability to create a line that achieves the fine balance between commercial and aesthetic appeal. This year’s competition will emphasize the direct link between who you are and what you design.
Who can enter?
- Designers who are working towards establishing themselves/ their brand in the South African Fashion Industry.
- Young/emerging designers in search of a platform to launch their label in The South African Fashion Industry.
- Established fashion designers who have been in the industry for more than 7 years
- Designers with a fashion design diploma/degree or 5-year design experience.
- Previous SAFW New Talent Search showcasing finalists can enter but only if it’s their second time,previous winners cannot enter.
- Ladies wear designers
What do you need to send?
For the 1st judging-selection of the semi-finalists:
-A portfolio of your brand to give judges background on your label.
-Your Autumn/Winter 2017 collection (sketches and fabric swatches)-8 looks.
For the 2nd judging-selection of the showcasing finalists:
-Semi-finalists will present their collection to the judges during their fitting and the final showcasing designers will be selected.
The prize that will put the New Talent Search winner on the map includes:
- Representation by The Fashion Agent for 1 year
- Show a collection at SA Fashion Week Spring/ Summer 2017
- Access to SA Fashion Week Fashion Trade Event and Pop-Up shop
- A trip to London Fashion Week, which includes a return ticket, accommodation, transfers and access to shows/exhibitions
Winners will be announced at the SAFW New Talent Search Show at #SAFWAW17 Collections, show date and time TBC. Register before 24 June 2016 by clicking on this link, portfolio submission deadline is 30 June 2016.